My client had asked me this question, how to spot a real or scam website developer? A scammer won`t go as far as having these:
- Own company website
- A legally registered company
- Updated blog contents
- Client portfolios
- Customer testimonial
- Company letterhead
If you are being extra cautious, you can test the developer by asking some technical questions and spot any mismatch between the answers. A professional website developer always has the same answer for the same questions.
Another important thing is to check whether the person or number you are contacting is the official number on the company website. Scammers often pretend to be one of the company representatives. Therefore, make sure the person you contact is the right person. So, you can take these precautions:
- Make proper planning.
- Make sure the price offered is not too low.
- Ask a lot of questions
- Ask to see portfolios
- Check the contact number on its official website
- Check the company registration number
- Google and do some research about the company.
- Understand about a website before contacting the developer. Learn also about the blog.
Author: Muhamad Hariz
I am a Ph.D. in IT candidate specializing in artificial intelligence, data mining, and general IT.